How to be CPRA compliant?
Here are the key steps to make sure your business is compliant with CPRA:
- Determine if your business meets the requirements of CPRA.
- Create an inventory of what type of data you collect, including sensitive personal information (if any).
- Provide a “Do Not Share/Sell Personal Information” link on your website.
- Respect opt-out and global privacy controls (GPC) signals activated by users through browser settings.
- Provide a ‘Limit the use of my sensitive personal information” link on your website where you collect such information.
- Avoid using “dark patterns” to manipulate individuals into sharing their personal information.
- Respect user rights and provide means to exercise them.